Washing and caring for Pokemon cuddly toys - instructions and care tips
Children can be amazing at their loved ones Pokemon cuddly toys hang. And that attachment usually means taking them everywhere, cuddling them at night, eating with them, spending sick days with them, and maybe even taking them to school or kindergarten.
That means these valuable Pikachu soft toys need a bath from time to time as they can become a very filthy companion for children.
But how do you actually wash them? We have summarized a few ways you can remove dirt and stains from the plush cuddly toys and at the end of the article you will find 5 helpful tips on how to care for cuddly toys:
Pokemon cuddly toysthat you can wash in the washing machine
- Use a mild detergent in your washing machine. Under no circumstances use fabric softener!
- Set your washing machine to the gentlest possible wash cycle.
- Set the program to the lowest water temperature, which should be 30 degrees.
- You can pad the drum of your washing machine with a few towels or small blankets for an even gentler wash. Just put them in the drum with you.
- Put the cuddly toys in a laundry net, similar to what you use to wash your delicacies, but a little larger.
- After the gentle cycle, take the stuffed animals out of the laundry bag and let them air dry.
- If you need the stuffed animal as soon as possible, you can gently dry it in the mesh bag on the dryer low level.
elder stuffed animalsthat you have to hand wash
If the toy is older or in a fragile condition and you don't want to put it in the washing machine, you can hand wash it with mild detergent and cold water.
- Gently squeeze the cleaning solution through the toy, then rinse it out with clean water without wringing it out.
- Dry the plush toy. To avoid damage, let the toy air dry.
- Wrap the toy in a thick, clean white towel to soak up the moisture. It can then be hung up to dry with clothespins. If you need to use a tumble dryer to save time, use the lowest heat setting possible. Some materials are washable but can melt in high heat.
- If the toy has fur, use a soft bristle brush to freshen up the fibers. Work slowly, small sections at a time, to avoid tangling and tearing the fibers.
Pikachu cuddly toysthat you cannot wet wash
Although manufacturers label many soft toys as machine washable, some are fragile and not suitable for shaking and spinning in a household washing machine. Many plush toys sold in stores have a care label that specifically states that the inside or outside materials are not machine washable.
If you have a label that says the toy can't be washed, or there is no label and you don't want to risk putting the toy in the washing machine, the problem is often with the filling inside.
The stuffed animal can also contain a mechanical component, a musical element, or glued-on decorations that would not withstand the water. Yet there is a great way to clean a non-washable stuffed animal that doesn't require a washing machine or the use of sometimes toxic cleaning chemicals.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of baking soda into a plastic trash bag. If it's a very large plush toy, consider adding a whole cup or more of baking soda to provide adequate coverage.
- Place the cuddly toy in the plastic bag and let it rest on the bottom of the bag. Then, push the excess air out of the bag, but leave just enough space for the stuffed toy to move around freely when you shake the bag.
- Twist and knot the top of the plastic bag, much like you inflate and knot a balloon.
- Pick up the bag and gently shake the bag up and down for about 2 minutes, also circling from left to right. Be careful not to puncture the pouch if the stuffed animal has plastic on it.
- Leave the cuddly toy locked in the bag for 15 minutes. The baking powder cleans the stuffed animal and also binds dirt and grime and loosens it from the fabric.
- Open the bag after the 15 minutes. Shake off the excess baking soda in the bag and throw the bag in the trash.
- Use the vacuum hose to remove the remains of the baking powder, which also contain dirt, from the stuffed animal. Use a soft-bristled brush to remove stuck baking soda and dirt, and gently shake the stuffed toy and pat it with your hands over the trash can to remove any remaining powder.
Alternatively, if there are visible stains on the stuffed animal
In order to clean cuddly toys that cannot be washed off, you should remove visible and discolored stains individually.
- Start with a white towel. Do not use colored cloths as the color could transfer onto the animal.
- Dip the cloth in a solution of one teaspoon of mild detergent and one cup of clear, cold water.
- Gently rub the stains until they go away, then dry the areas with a clean, dry area of the cloth.
Tips to keep cuddly toys clean for longer
- If the stuffed animal is very popular and you know it can't be washed, it may be time for a small operation.
- Carefully tear open one side seam and remove the filling.
- Hand wash the case with mild detergent and cool water and let it air dry.
- Replace the original filling with polyester filling, which is completely washable.
- Carefully sew the toy back together.
- Also, check the toy regularly for cracks, drooping buttons, loose eyes, or unattached decorations. Fix it right away to avoid problems later.
- Always wash or clean a stuffed animal used to comfort a sick child!
- If the stuffed toy is dressed in colored clothing, take a color test to make sure cleaning doesn't ruin the toy. To do this, rub a small drop of diluted detergent on a concealed area, and if the paint comes off, use only water to stain the soft toy.
- Disinfect a washable cuddly toy by adding disinfectant to the laundry. Don't spray a soft toy with the disinfectant, as the spray could ruin the animal's fur.